The Israel Cycling Federation
The Israel Cycling Federation promotes the development of the sport of cycling in Israel in many ways. These include:
- Maintains a calendar with dozens of cycling events countrywide each year
- Organises a national cycling championships and annual rankings in the various disciplines (mountain bike, road and cyclo-cross) according to age group
- Promotes cycling clubs among children and youth through the ‘Cycling For All Project’
- Trains and certifies cycling coaches, instructors, UCI commissaires and competition judges.
- Sponsors the Israeli National Cycling Team and assists qualifying cyclists to participate in international competitions, the Olympic Games, World and European Championships
- Lobbies for the establishment and expanded development of cycling infrastructure such as velodromes, BMX tracks, criterium circuits, single tracks and safe riding paths
- Promotes recreational cycling
The Federation is a non-profit organisation, with a general membership of more than 10,000 cyclists and over 60 clubs registered annually.